The City of Goleta is fortunate to have beautiful outdoor spaces that are providing places for our community members to get much needed mental and physical breaks. during the Stay at Home Order. However, it’s important that our community practice social distancing even while using the City’s trails and open spaces.
Please follow important guidelines from the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) below and visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) COVID-19 website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Consult local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
Outdoor areas are needed now more than ever to help us get through this time. We are asking everyone do their part to use these areas in a way that respects each other and follows public health guidance.