First there was Electrify Your Ride, now Central Coast Community Energy (CCCE) is encouraging you to Electrify Your House. The Electrify Your Home program in partnership with TECH Clean California, provides contractors with cash incentives for switching gas-powered water heaters and HVAC equipment to all-electric versions in single-family and multi-family homes. CCCE’s energy programs incentives are tiered to provide the greatest benefit to customers with the fewest resources. In addition, contractors completing work on CCCE customer sites that qualify for CARE/FERA are eligible for an additional $1,000 per unit incentive through the Electrify Your Home program. Electrify Your Home will further advance CCCE’s efforts to reduce regional greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through electrification of the building sector.
Benefits of Going Electric
- Going electric reduces regional greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that come from natural gas and propane and reduces the reliance on gas
- Homes without gas are safer and healthier
- A home with all-electric appliances saves 2.5 metric tons of carbon a year, equivalent to taking one car off the road for an entire year
- Be a leader and inspire friends and neighbors to electrify their home and build a cleaner environment for the Central Coast
- Enroll to access incentives and get your business listed in TECH Clean California’s “Find A Contractor” database
- Access free, high-quality workforce education and training to learn how to install the latest heat pump technology safely for residential clients
- Receive support, including pre-installation analysis
- Access streamlined permitting and financial resources for large projects
- Receive hands-on support for contractors who serve and hire workers in low-income communities
- Access supply chain engagement to increase inventory and selection of appliances carried by local distributors
Those who live in a CCCE service area, and contractors, can learn more the program at https://3cenergy.org/electrify-your-home/.