This year’s Coastal Cleanup Day was a huge success, with over 730 lbs of trash and recyclables collected in Goleta alone, and over 5,548 lbs of collected county-wide! We had such a great time at this event, we want to keep this idea going. Please fill out a quick form to let us know if you want to participate in our new community cleanup volunteer program.
Trash and pollution reduction is one of the Environmental Services Division’s top goals. We have many programs aimed at this but can’t be everywhere at once, and we need your help. We want to keep community-based cleanups going, expand cleanups throughout the city, and keep our neighborhoods, open spaces, creeks, and beaches clean and safe year-round. We are looking for your ideas!
Are you interested in?
- Keeping your neighborhood clean and safe?
- Organizing monthly cleanups with friends and neighbors in your community?
- Volunteering on a regular basis?
- Obtaining extra environmental services in your neighborhood or area?
- Sharing recent news about City programs, events, and more with your neighbors and friends?
- Providing feedback to the City?
- Getting to know your neighbors better?
- Being a leader in your community?
We are seeking volunteers to pitch in on community cleanups and are also seeking neighborhood and area captains for our neighborhoods and open spaces! We would like to form neighborhood/open spaces teams all throughout the city. Both organizations and individuals are welcome! We want your input and ideas to help form this to meet your needs. Let us know you are interested by filling out our short form located here.