Santa Barbara County met the State’s Orange Tier case rate (less than 5.9 daily new cases per 100k) and positivity rate (less than 4.9% positive testing rate) which allowed the County to move into the less restrictive Orange Tier.
The following changes in the state’s orange tier became effective on April 21, 2021, for Santa Barbara County:
- Restaurants: Indoor seating increases to 50% capacity or 200 people maximum.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers: 25% capacity indoors; indoor pools can open.
- Wineries and Breweries: 25% or 100 people indoors maximum
- Movie Theaters: 50% or 200 people maximum.
- Museums, Zoos and Aquariums: 50% capacity for indoor activities.
- Places of Worship: 50% capacity indoor activities.
- Bars with no food service: Open outdoors with modifications.
- All retail: No capacity limits.
- Gatherings: Maximum of 10 people and three households
For more information please visit https://publichealthsbc.org/.