Residents financially impacted by COVID-19 (e.g. job loss, reduction in wages, etc.) can apply for rental assistance funds. The City of Goleta is providing funds to assist residents with their rent through the Housing Authority of Santa Barbara County. Upon application approval, applicants may receive up to $5,000 or up to 3 months of current and/or past-due rental expenses, whichever is less. Once approved, assistance payments to applicants will be paid directly to landlords.
ELIGIBILITY / DOCUMENTATION
- Must provide proof of residency in the City of Goleta
- Household income must be 80% or below the area median income (AMI)
- Must demonstrate loss of income related to COVID-19, with eligibility starting last year on March 13, 2020, and must provide:
- Documentation of past 2 months of income for the entire household
- Proof of lease or rental agreement
Additional documentation may be required during the review process. To apply, go to https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/SANTABARBARACOUNTYCA/participant. If you need assistance or have questions, contact the Housing Authority at 805-735-8351 or email Questions@hasbarco.org.
In addition, the County of Santa Barbara is offering emergency rental & utility assistance through United Way of Santa Barbara County to eligible Santa Barbara County residents. The Board of Supervisors recently voted to increase the amount of rental assistance to 100% – the first county in the nation to do so. Rental assistance is available for 3-month increments up to a 15-month span. Learn more and apply at https://www.unitedwaysb.org/rent.