Mark your calendar for 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 27, 2021, for the premiere of the 2021 Goleta Community State of the City. Support our local restaurants by getting #GoletaToGo and gather around to watch the show. The program includes an update on how our City is doing from Mayor Paula Perotte and City Manager Michelle Greene, special messages from your Councilmembers, local entertainment, and a Q&A. It is going to be a special night and we hope you will join us for this virtual event.
Ways to Watch:
- City’s YouTube channel (YouTube.com/CityofGoleta1)
- Channel 19
- City website (cityofgoleta.org)
- City Facebook page (facebook.com/CityofGoleta)
Besides watching, we want you to be part of the show! Do you have a question for our Mayor, City Council or Staff? Then send in a short cell phone video of yourself asking your question (you can also email us your question). Send your question to PIO@cityofgoleta.org by May 14th to be included. We will do our best to make sure we answer as many questions as possible as part of the Goleta Community State of the City.
For cell phone video questions:
- Please record your cell phone video horizontally.
- Be aware of your surroundings (make sure there is no background noise).
- Introduce yourself quickly and your connection to Goleta. Example, “My name is Barbara… and I have lived in Goleta for … years. I am concerned about…”
- Videos must be approximately 15 seconds.
- Review your video then email the final clip to PIO@cityofgoleta.org.
- Look for yourself during the Community State of the City.
If you prefer to write your question in an email instead of recording a video, please be sure to include your full name and connection to Goleta as well.
We look forward to hearing from the community and hope you will tune in to watch our Community State of the City on Thursday, May 27 at 7:00 p.m.