The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department is excited to announce the COVID-19 Mobile Vaccine Program. With a focus on health equity, the program serves to remove barriers for groups of individuals who are not able to get their vaccine at community clinics.
The clinics will be administering the Moderna vaccine given in a series of 2 doses.
TO HOST A MOBILE CLINIC AT YOUR SITE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Identify eligible individuals who would like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine – Eligibility for vaccination is now open to anyone 18 and older
- Fill out consent forms and assign appointment times to the eligible persons.
- Provide a space to hold the clinic (inside or outside area)
- Provide tents, tables, chairs, and water for the observation area
- Be able to secure at least 80 and up to 250 eligible appointments for the day of the clinic. (smaller sites are encouraged to call. Combining efforts with other smaller entities is possible)