It is great to see the community enjoying our playgrounds, skate park and fitness stations again now that they are back open. The City of Goleta wants to make sure we can keep these facilities open and are asking residents to take time out to watch this short video with important safety guidelines. The video is also available in Spanish here.
Thanks for watching and for your cooperation.
As a reminder please see the below safety guidelines:
- Everyone two years old and older must wear a face covering that goes over their mouth and nose.
- Maintain physical distance of six feet between individuals from different households and prevent crowding of children.
- Do not use the playground, skate park, or fitness stations when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet on play structures, swings, and other playground equipment.
- No food or drink are permitted on the playground, skate park, or fitness stations.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit.
- Visit a playground at different times or days to avoid crowds and waits (peak hours tend to be weekday afternoons and weekends from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
- To avoid crowding and allow everyone to use this space, please limit your visit to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Elderly individuals and people with underlying medical conditions should avoid playgrounds when others are present.
- Organized group activities that include people outside of your household are not permitted and should not use the playground.
- Users of the skate park at Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park must comply with all of the new guidelines and the safety guidelines that were in affect prior to COVID-19, which include wearing a helmet and safety pads.
- Park facilities (playgrounds, skate park, fitness stations) are open during regular park hours: 8:00 a.m. to sunset, seven days a week.
Your safety is important to us. Playgrounds will be cleaned three times per week. Since it is not possible to clean all playground surfaces between every user, please make sure every member of your group washes their hands or uses hand sanitizer before and after each playground visit. In addition to bringing face coverings with you, it is a good idea to bring hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes.
Thank you for complying with these guidelines in order to keep the facilities open.
For questions, please contact Parks & Recreation Manager JoAnne Plummer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 562-5505.