A State-operated COVID-19 testing site is now open at the Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue). The State-operated testing site that was located at the Earl Warren Showgrounds has moved to the Goleta Valley Community Center. Testing services began on September 3, 2020, at the new GVCC site. Testing appointments can be made online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
“We are very pleased with this move to the Goleta Valley Community Center. This location offers residents of Goleta and Isla Vista expanded testing opportunity by proximity to, and ease of access by public transportation,” said Van Do-Reynoso, Santa Barbara County Public Health Director.
Goleta Valley Community Center Acting General Manager Charlie Johnson said, “We are in difficult stressful times, times where flexibility and compassion can go a long way to making things better. The Goleta Valley Community Center Board of Directors and staff are proud to do our part. While the Center remains closed to the public, our location is in the heart of Old Town Goleta and is easily accessible. We are pleased to have the City of Goleta’s support for this important outreach.”
The testing being conducted is intended to identify if an individual currently has the COVID-19 virus. When considering getting a test, the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) recommends asking yourself the following questions. If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then you should get tested.
- Do you work in a high-risk environment for the transmission of COVID-19?
- Are you an essential worker?
- Do you live or work in a congregate setting?
- Have you had close contact with an individual who has been recently confirmed as having COVID-19?
- Close contact is about 15 minutes, in a closed room less than six feet apart.
- Have you been experiencing any symptoms of illness, different than seasonal allergies?
- Cough, runny nose, fatigue, headaches, sore throat, loss of taste, nausea, etc.
- Has a Public Health Department employee told you to get tested?
If you cannot answer yes to any of these questions, you are at lower risk for contracting COVID-19 and are not advised to be tested at this time.
The Goleta Valley Community Center is located at 5679 Hollister Ave, Goleta, CA 93117. Testing is by appointment only. For more information about COVID-19, please visit www.publichealthsbc.org.
Free testing for essential workers is now available in Santa Barbara County. Call 805-705-7279 for more information and to make an appointment.
Pictured: Goleta Valley Community Center