Santa Barbara County Health Officer, Dr. Henning Ansorg has issued a Health Officer Order mandating the closure of multiple business sectors that promote the mixing of populations beyond households and create environments where physical distancing and wearing face coverings is difficult. This guidance is effective at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2020 and will continue until 5:00 p.m. on July 26, 2020 or until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing.
At the direction of the California Department of Public Health and by mandate of the health officer order the following business sectors must close:
- Nightclubs, including private social clubs; and
- Indoor operations of Dine-in restaurants, Wineries and Tasting Rooms,
- Indoor operations of Family Entertainment Centers, Movie Theaters, Zoos and Museums, and Cardrooms
Outdoor operations of the above listed sectors may remain open with strict physical distancing protocols in place.
Bars, breweries, pubs, and brewpubs were ordered to close, but have been permitted to reopen with the following guidelines:
- Outdoor seating/service only
- Alcohol can only be sold in the same transaction as a meal
- Businesses in these categories must follow the dine-in restaurant guidance
- Venue that do not offer sit-down dine-in meals must offer curbside sales only, and no on-site alcohol consumption