Summer is here and that means that the beach is a popular destination. We are lucky to live in such a beautiful place with access to so many scenic beach spots. However, even while visiting the beach it is very important that you are vigilant about public health safety guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some important beach safety tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- If the beach is crowded when you arrive, please consider an alternate activity.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Do not gather at the beach with people you don’t live with.
- Stay a minimum of six feet apart from others at the beach both in and outside the water.
- Don’t share items such as food, equipment, toys and supplies with people you don’t live with.
- Wear a face covering when coming into contact with people who don’t live with.
- You do not need to wear face coverings in the water because they can be difficult to breathe through when they are wet.
Bottom line, enjoy the beach this summer but please be safe and keep these tips in mind.