The City of Goleta’s 2023-2025 Strategic Plan (Plan) is now available here on the City website. The latest Plan, updated in 2023, articulates nine overarching strategies that guide the City towards achieving its vision. These strategies serve as an umbrella for the goals and objectives organized beneath them.
- Support Environmental Vitality
- Support Community Vitality and Enhanced Recreational Opportunities
- Ensure Financial Stability
- Support Economic Vitality
- Strengthen Infrastructure
- Return Old Town to a Vital Center of the City
- Maintain a Safe and Healthy Community
- Enhance the Efficiency and Transparency of City Operations
- Ensure Equity, Inclusion, and Access in City Programs, Services and Activities
A strategic plan identifies the priorities and goals of an organization in order to create a roadmap, guiding future decision making. Goleta’s Strategic Plan is driven by its mission statement which describes the community, key attributes, and values:
“Goleta is a beautiful, safe, and diverse community of residents with family-friendly neighborhoods that values the environment, agriculture, and open space while encouraging housing, recreation, and business opportunities.”
The City’s first Strategic Plan was adopted in 2007. The Plan covers a two-year period that runs concurrent with the City’s Two-Year Budget Plan. The Plan also receives regular updates to keep current with the City’s priorities and to ensure the living document continues to be dynamic and reflective of the goals of City Council and the Goleta community. View the City’s 2023-25 Strategic Plan here.