You are invited to discover free, fun programming for all ages at your local library this September! We are very excited to announce the return of community favorites and to highlight some exciting new special events taking place next month. As September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month, there is no better time to explore the incredible free resources available at the Goleta Valley, Buellton, and Solvang Libraries. Read on to discover the many opportunities that await at your library!
Goleta Valley Library
- Creek Week Art Contest – Create a piece of art with the theme “Creek Week” to promote awareness of the habitats, watersheds, and critters of our creeks during 9/1 – 9/14/22! Pick up an application and submission guidelines at the library. Submission deadline is 9/14/22.
- Baby & Me Storytime – Storytime for babies 0-12 months, held every Friday at 10:30 a.m. starting on 9/2/22.
- Writers’ Workshop – Adults and teens are invited to share their work, exchange feedback, and discuss tools and techniques of the craft the first Saturday of the month. Our next meeting is on 9/3/22 from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Grandparents Day Cards – Kids can color a special card to send to their grandparents! Supplies will be available in the children’s area from 9/6 – 9/11/22
- Nursery Rhyme Dance Time – Enjoy a music and movement class with Sean Lynn Crawford from Inspire Dance SB, held the first Wednesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. starting on 9/7/22.
- Wiggly Wednesdays – Storytime for toddlers, held every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. starting on 9/14/22.
- Rosh Hashanah Storytime – Learn about the holiday of Jewish New Year with special guest Shterna Kudan from Chabad of S. Barbara on Thursday 9/22/22 at 10:30 a.m.
- Homework Help – Free tutoring help with homework assignments for K-6 students, every Thursday from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. starting on 9/22/22.
- Paper Marbling Craft (Adults) – Join us for a fun and beautiful craft on 9/23/22 from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. Space is limited, sign up at the front desk!
- Mystery Book Club – Join us on 9/27/22 at 5:30 p.m. to discuss The Cage by Bonnie Kistler.
- Tech Tutoring – Receive help with the library’s resources and your tech needs on Tuesdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. (starting 9/29/22), Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., and Sundays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Click here to request an appointment.
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities – Teens, become a Homework Help Tutor or a Tech Tutor and earn community service hours! Turn in your application at the front desk to get started.
- Buellton Bookworms – Join us for our first in-person meeting on 9/16/22 at 1:00 p.m. to discuss Agatha Christie’s The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Craft Kits – Stop by to pick up a 3-D hot air balloon craft kit anytime this month!
- Tech Tutoring – Receive tech help every Tuesday from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Call Buellton Library at (805) 688-3115 to make an appointment.
- Outdoor Storytime – Join us for stories under the Sycamore tree every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
- Memory, Coffee and Compassion – This support group led by memory care expert Lauren Mahakias meets on the library patio on the second Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. Call Solvang Library at (805) 688-4214 to reserve a spot at the 9/8/22 meeting.
- Investors’ Roundtable – Meetings with economist Ken Harwood will resume the second Saturday of each month, starting on 9/10/22 at 3:00 p.m. Novice and veteran investors welcome.
- Outdoor Book Sale – Join us for a book sale on 9/10/22 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on the lawn in front of the library.
- Book Club for Kids – Readers ages 8-11 will meet online on 9/14 and 9/28/22 at 4:00 p.m. to discuss The Dreamer by Pam Muñoz Ryan. The first 10 kids to register will receive a free copy!
- Craft Kits – Make your own tiny windmill in honor of Solvang’s Danish Days, celebrated this year 9/16 – 9/18/22. The free kits will be available in the library hallway all month.
The Goleta & Santa Ynez Valley Libraries would like to thank the Friends of the Goleta Valley Library, The Friends of the Buellton Library, and The Friends of the Library of Santa Ynez Valley for their year-round support of our community programs.