Check Out Event Photos and Video
The City of Goleta wants to extend its heartfelt appreciation to the hundreds of community members who turned out to celebrate the City’s 20th Birthday event on March 5, 2022, at Rancho La Patera and Stow House. We are so pleased the weather held up for us and that so many people took time out of their Saturday to mark this milestone birthday. This event was a testament to the supportive and vibrant people that make up the Good Land.
We also want to extend a huge thank you to the Goleta Valley Historical Society for partnering with us to put on such a memorable event at the perfect place. The Stow House setting was not only beautiful but provided so many areas to allow community members an opportunity to spread out and enjoy the day doing many different things.
To see how the big day went, view our photos here. Highlights of the event included:
- The debut of our 20 Year Reflections video. You won’t want to miss the 20-minute story of how the City came to be told through the eyes of 15 former Mayors, Councilmembers, GoletaNow founders and the first City Manager. We hope you enjoy the video, available at https://youtu.be/Lnt9whOnqBc, and please share widely.
- Live music courtesy of the Salt Martians and The Nombres
- A community toast with lemon buntini’s and apple cider.
- Singing Happy Birthday to Goleta together followed by a 20-year clap!
- Special tributes from Mayor Paula Perotte, first Mayor Margaret Connell, Congressman Salud Carbajal, Senator Monique Limón, Supervisors Joan Hartmann and Gregg Hart, Sheriff Bill Brown and Goodland Coalition members.
- Special performances including Dos Pueblos Theatre Academy entertainers, the 2021 Junior Spirit of Fiesta and a 2022 Teen Star Finalist from Goleta.
- Free train rides next door at the Goleta Depot thanks to Community West Bank.
- Free tractor rides and a Ranch Yard featuring Stow House animals, popular attractions all day.
- Information tables staffed by City Staff and other community partners, also bustling throughout the day.
- Great food from AR Catering and Elubia’s Kitchen. Beverages served in a souvenir cup.
- 20 Year Swag was a hit. We still have merchandise left which will be for sale at our upcoming Community State of the City event on April 13 at 6:00 p.m. at the Elks Lodge.
- Signature frame signed by hundreds of community members to be on display in Council Chambers soon.
- Prizes from Elubia’s Kitchen, Fairview Gardens, Ice in Paradise, Woodstock’s and Zodo’s. Thank you to our local community sponsors!
An event like this doesn’t happen without staff and volunteers, and we thank each and every one including volunteers from Boys Team Charity and Boy Scout Troop 105.
Cheers to 20 Years! Thanks for making it a great memory.
Pictured below: Photos from the event (photo credit: Jay Farbman and City staff)