Congratulations to those who were honored at the Chamber’s Annual Membership Meeting and Regional Business Awards on Friday, February 25th at the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort.
This was the first in-person Membership Meeting and Regional Business Awards since the Goleta, Santa Barbara, and Carpinteria Chambers of Commerce merged to create the Santa Barbara South Coast Chamber of Commerce in July 2020. The chamber represents 1,100 businesses across the South Coast, which totals to about 75,000 jobs.
While several awards were handed out there were two Goleta specific ones.
The Entrepreneur of the Year award went to Chris Chiarappa. In 2021, Chris Chiarappa launched the Santa Barbara Restaurant Collective. Within five years, he launched three Mesa Burger restaurants including one in Goleta, three Lighthouse Coffee locations, M-Kitchen, Corner Tap, and is preparing to open several additional enterprises within the next few years. Chris is motivated to give back to the community and the people who make this place so special. Congratulations Chris, our Entrepreneur of the Year!
Other Business Award recipients included Mariposa at Ellwood Shores receiving the Community Business of the Year. Mariposa at Ellwood Shores Assisted Living in Goleta is a warm, inviting senior living community designed for the care and comfort of its residents. They go above and beyond when serving their residents, taking care of staff, and staying connected within the community. They are committed to protecting our most vulnerable community members with constant testing, vaccination clinics, and the distribution of information.
Here is the full list of Regional Business Awards Winners:
- Large Business of the Year – Cox Communications
- Small Business of the Year – Hilltop Flowers Inc.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Chris Chiarappa, Santa Barbara Restaurant Collective
- Non-Profit of the Year – Better Together Fund
- Milestone Business Award – E. J. Harrison & Sons
- Hospitality Award – Visit Santa Barbara
- Community Business of the Year – Mariposa at Ellwood Shores
- Special Recognition – Local Community Banks (American Riviera Bank, Community West Bank, Montecito Bank & Trust, Pacific Premier Bank)
- Ambassador of the Year – Angela Miller-Bevan
- Chairman’s Award – Tom Patton
Congratulations to all!