Over the last several years, library funding has been a challenge.
The Library’s escalating operating costs have outpaced its revenue stream resulting in the use of reserve funds to support operations. Long-term funding is needed to sustain, expand and modernize services and move the library into a new era of community service. As a community gathering place for all, revenue is needed to sustain child literacy programs, homework assistance and other enrichment programs for children, adults, and seniors.
Without additional funding, you can expect:
- Reduction of library hours
- Fewer programs and limited story time for children
- Fewer staff member to help patrons
- Limited number of new books and magazines
- Smaller ebook/digital collection
Download the complete fact sheet here: Library Fact Sheet 12.8.15.