All Ages and Skill Levels Invited to Participate
We want to see your creativity! In honor of Creek Week (September 23-30) the Goleta Valley Library is hosting the Second Annual Creek Week Art Contest. Community members are invited to submit original artwork inspired by our creeks, watersheds, and ocean using this year’s theme, “Goleta the Goodland, Thriving Habitats.” Artwork may be submitted at the Goleta Valley Library (500 N. Fairview Avenue) September 1 – 8, during regular business hours.
The Art Contest is open to all ages and skill levels and will have three categories: adults (18 +), teens (7th-12th grade), and children (6th grade and below).
Artwork will remain on display for the community to enjoy September 11 through October 1. Mayor Paula Perotte will judge the artwork and award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place along with Honorable Mention for each category. Winners will be announced at a reception on September 27th which all of the participants, along with community members, are invited to attend. Stay tuned for more information.
- Participants may only submit one piece of art.
- All artwork that represents the theme “Goleta the Goodland, Thriving Habitats” will be accepted.
- Art must be original, completed solely by the participant.
- All mediums allowed (photography, painting, drawing, collage, etc.).
- Artwork is not required to be framed but must have the participants name and category on the back.
- Art must be no larger than 42 inches any direction (including frame) and have a way to be hung on the wall.
- The art will be scored on relevance to the theme, overall appearance, and originality.
For any questions, please contact Library staff member Sharon Nigh at email@example.com.