It’s important that you know the City of Goleta is here for you during this time. The City has a dedicated team of professionals that are working hard to ensure that we are providing a high level of service to our community and that we are 100% responsive.
We have transitioned many of our operations virtually to ensure that city business is running smoothly and efficiently and that you are getting the service that you count on and expect from your City.
Below is an update on the services available to the community and how to access them.
- City Staff are available by e-mail or phone. Desk Reception is open during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday) by calling 805-961-7500. Messages will be forwarded to the appropriate departments.
- To reach a City department by telephone during regular business hours, please use the directory below and calls will be routed accordingly. A full staff directory is available here. Leave a message for staff and they will respond as soon as possible.
|City Hall Reception||(805) 961-7500|
|Planning & Environmental Review Information Desk||(805) 961-7543, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Building & Safety Permits||(805) 961-7552, email@example.com|
|Building Inspection Request Line||(805) 961-7550|
|Business Licenses – Finance Department||(805) 961-7530, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Public Works||(805) 968-6843, email@example.com|
- Any service requests from the public can be made by using our City Assist System. We monitor this system Monday-Friday during regular business hours. The City has a dedicated staff member who reviews the requests and ensures that they are routed to the right person and that they receive a timely response. Report any problems or concerns on our City Assist page at http://tinyurl.com/GoletaCityAssist.
- Public Works is conducting inspections on private development projects related to health and safety. All other inspections typically performed by Building, Planning, and Public Works are temporarily suspended.
- Public Works continues to operate and maintain all public infrastructure and facilities.
- The Planning and Building Counter is OPEN for virtual consultations and permit applications via email or phone. In-person consultations at the physical Planning and Building Counter are currently not available.
- The City can only accept and process permit application materials electronically. Paper submittals via drop-off or mail are not currently being accepted.
- The City is now doing virtual inspectionsvia webcam, where possible. Click here for more information.
- The Finance Department has suspended counter service but is accepting e-mail submissions for items such as business applications.
- Tennis and pickleball courts are open at Evergreen Park, Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park, Berkeley Park, and Stow Canyon Open Space. Residents must comply with these regulations which follow the Santa Barbara County Public Health Order in order for the courts to remain open.
- Stow Grove Park reservations are cancelled with no new reservations being taken at this time.
- The Goleta Valley Community Center is CLOSED to programming indoors, and has limited programs operating outdoors, including food distribution.
- Special Event Permits are evaluated for compliance with the current health order.
- The Goleta Valley and Santa Ynez Valley Libraries are OPEN for Sidewalk Service. Items can be placed on hold using the BlackGold system. There will be no overdue fees for any items during this time period. Community members are encouraged to take advantage of the Library’s digital services as well, including free online resources and e-materials, such as e-books, audio books, and movies. Go to www.GoletaValleyLibrary.org to learn more.
Stay tuned for updates on parks facilities.
Pictured: City Hall Receptionist Francie Townes