MarBorg will be collecting Christmas trees free of charge after the holidays. All you have to do is bring your tree to the curbside on your greenwaste collection day (if you do not have greenwaste service, bring it to the curbside on your trash collection day). Christmas trees can also be dropped off for free through January 12, 2020, at MarBorg’s Santa Barbara facility (119 North Quarantina Street) or at the South Coast Recycling & Transfer Station (4430 Calle Real in Santa Barbara). Please remove all tree stands, lights, tinsel and ornaments. Any trees taller than six feet must be cut down to fit in MarBorg’s trucks.
In addition to recycling your Christmas tree, here are tips to help you reduce your waste this holiday season:
- Get creative with your wrapping paper by reusing things like maps, the Sunday comics, and posters.
- About 40% of all battery sales occur during the holiday season. This year, switch to reusable batteries.
- Consider giving an experience instead of an object. The gift of your time (cooking, babysitting, gardening) a charitable donation, or tickets to an event are all great gift ideas that require little to no packaging.
- Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags.
- And when the holidays are over, remember that wrapping paper, greeting cards, tissue paper, and cardboard boxes can all be recycled in your blue recycle carts!
Learn more at www.marborg.com.