A standing room only crowd turned out to the December 3, 2019, Goleta City Council meeting to honor outgoing Community Resource Deputy (CRD) Dave Valadez. During his six years as the City of Goleta’s CRD, Senior Deputy Valadez had a tremendous impact on the City and made a number of significant contributions.
As a token of gratitude for his outstanding service to Goleta, Mayor Paula Perotte presented Sr. Deputy Valadez with a City tile. City Staff, Sheriff’s colleagues, community members and Sheriff’s Explorers, a group Sr. Deputy Valadez leads, filled the Council Chambers to show their support and appreciation.
Mayor Perotte said while he accomplished so much during his time in Goleta, “I especially appreciated how you treated people without homes with dignity and respect.”
City of Goleta Director of Neighborhood Services and Public Safety Vyto Adomaitis said Sr. Deputy Valadez has a lot to be proud of for what he accomplished during his time in Goleta. He said, “Thank you seems so little to say for all you have done for Goleta but thank you for your service, for your friendship and for your leadership.”
Senior Deputy Valadez said, “I was honored to have this assignment from day one. I was very proud to be one small part of your team. What I was able to accomplish I could not have done without my family and leadership from my chain of command. Thanks also to the Volunteers and Sheriff’s Explorers who helped me serve the City.”
During his time with the City, Community Resource Deputy, Dave Valadez was involved in a number of projects and assignments including the following:
- City of Goleta Restorative Policing Program (GRPP)
- UPRR Corridor Task Force City of Goleta Representative
- City of Goleta Business Watch Program
- City of Goleta Neighborhood Watch Program
- City of Goleta Active Shooter Response Training Program
- Goleta Union School District School Resource Deputy
- SBSO/City of Goleta Authority Letter Program
- SBSO City of Goleta/South County Citizen’s Academy
- SBSO/City of Goleta Explorers Program
- SBSO/City of Goleta Sheriff’s Volunteer Team
- City of Goleta City Council Security Detail
- SBSO/City of Goleta Marketplace Substation Management
- City of Goleta Safe Parking Program Liaison
- Executive Council Member for the Goleta Boys and Girls Club
- City of Goleta Specialized Patrols and Investigations
- South Coast Task Force for Youth Safety City of Goleta Representative
- SBSO/City of Goleta Restorative Court Liaison
Sr. Deputy Valadez was also involved in many Community Outreach Events including the Lemon Festival, Goleta Old Town Parade, 4th of July, Calle Real Center Halloween Celebration, PEP Touch-A-Truck, Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation and at local preschools and senior centers.
Thank you Sr. Deputy Valdez for pouring your heart into your role as the Community Resource Deputy. You will be missed. Best of luck in your new assignment with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office as a Background Investigator.
The Sheriff’s Office is in the process of selecting a new Community Resource Deputy for the City of Goleta. We look forward to introducing this CRD to the community in the new year.
Photo: Dave Valadez Receiving his City Tile (pictured left to right: Director of Neighborhood Services and Public Safety Vyto Adomaitis, Community Resource Deputy Dave Valadez, Mayor Paula Perotte)