Calling all bike riders and fans of Goleta! We need you to participate in a survey to share your thoughts on what it’s like to bike in Goleta. Your feedback will help determine Goleta’s score in the 2020 PlacesForBikes ratings, which identifies the best U.S. towns for bicycling and rewards those that are improving the fastest.
City Staff have been hard at work this past year to ensure bicycling in Goleta is better than ever. Here are a list of improvements:
- Completed the Fairview Avenue bike lane and sidewalk project in front of Goleta Valley Library
- Completed the Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan in 2018 and have started to implement many of the policies and procedures
- Constructed a new pedestrian crosswalk on S. Kellogg Avenue at the Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park
- Constructed a portion of the Class I/Multi-purpose Path on the east side of Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park in preparation for the future Active Transportation Project San Jose Creek Multi-purpose Path
- In the process of completing the design of many pedestrian crossings, sidewalks, and a path along Fairview Avenue/US 101 for infill
We hope you will take time out to help Goleta’s Places for Bikes score by filling out the survey here. Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of where, how, why or if you ride. Your responses help put Goleta on the map as a bike friendly city!