Student Needed to Serve on Parks Commission

The Parks and Recreation Commission is in need of a student representative.  The Commission discusses the needs, opportunities and current offerings of parks and recreation activities, and advises the City Council on all issues related to parks and recreational opportunities in Goleta. It is composed of seven members who are compensated at the rate of $50 per meeting. The student commissioner may choose to waive their compensation to receive community service credit.  The student commissioner shall serve a one year term

Eligible applicants must live in the City of Goleta. The Commission holds six regular meetings and may hold additional meetings as needed. Deadline for application submittal is Monday, October 5, 2015, by 5:00 p.m.

Applications may be obtained from, and must be returned to, the Deborah Lopez, City Clerk, City of Goleta, 130 Cremona Drive, Suite B, Goleta, CA 93117. An application form is also available at the City’s website at Additional information can be provided by calling (805) 961-7505.