Looking to Serve Our Community?

Serving on a City of Goleta board or commission is one way members of the public can volunteer and get involved with their city government. The boards and commissions serve mostly in an advisory capacity to various city government departments and some county agencies. Boards and commission appointments are approved by the City Council.

Planning Commission

The Planning Commission is composed of five registered voters of the City. Each Council Member appoints a planning commission member to serve for the duration of the City Council term (4 years).

Design Review Board

The Design Review Board is composed of seven members appointed by the City Council. Of the seven members, a minimum of four shall be residents of the City. At least two members shall be licensed architects, and at least two members shall be licensed landscape professionals (of which at least one should be a landscape architect). The three at-large members must reside within the City. The members shall be skilled in reading and interpreting design drawings and able to judge the effects of a proposed building, structure, landscaping or sign upon the desirability,property value and development of surrounding areas.

Library Advisory Committee

Candidates must reside within the City of Goleta. Appointments are for one-year terms which run from July 1 to June 30 each year.

Vector Control District Board

Candidates must reside within the City of Goleta and have experience, training and education in fields that will assist in the governance of the District.

The City is currently accepting applications for all boards, commissions and committees. Questions regarding boards and commissions may be directed to the City Clerk’s office by calling (805) 961-7505.