2023 will be a big year for electric vehicles and EV infrastructure in California and our community. With new charging stations planned for installation in Goleta this year, there’s never been a better time to electrify your vehicle. Thanks to State and Federal programs funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act, there are many rebates and incentives for EV purchasing, and installations of EV charging stations. Thinking about making the switch to electric? Already have an EV and looking to improve your charging capacity? Read on to learn more about some of the local, state, and federal programs available!
- Central Coast Community Energy’s Electrify Your Ride Program provides CCCE customers with a “one-stop-shop” for transportation electrification rebates and support. Rebates between $1,000 and $4,000 are available for new vehicles, and between $1,000 and $3,000 for used vehicles. Check out eligibility here.
- SCE’s Pre-owned electric vehicle rebate program offers two rebate options when purchasing or leasing an electric vehicle. Eligible applicants may receive a $1,000 rebate for the purchase or lease of a pre-owned EV (income qualified applicants may receive $4,000 based on their household level of income). Check out the program requirements and apply here.
- The Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) promotes clean vehicle adoption in California by offering rebates from $1,000 to $7,000 for the purchase or lease of new, eligible zero-emission vehicles, including electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel cell vehicles. The website includes a savings calculator, searchable list of eligible vehicles, and a simple application process.
- The IRS has an updated Clean Vehicle Tax Credit for 2023. Applicants may qualify for up to $7,500 in credit for a qualified plug-in EV or fuel-cell electric vehicle. Learn more about eligibility and qualified vehicles here.
EV Charging stations
- Central Coast Community Energy Electrify your ride – Rebates are available for electric vehicles, Level 2 EV chargers, and EV readiness. All CCCE customers with an account in good standing are eligible to apply to the Electrify Your Ride rebates. Per fiscal year, applicants are eligible for one EV rebate per household, one Level 2 charger rebate per site address, and one EV readiness rebate per site address. Rebates for new vehicles, used vehicles, level 2 chargers, and EV Readiness are available. Rebates range from $400 up to $4,000.