With summer right around the corner, there are lots of exciting activities to add to your calendar. Here is just a sampling:
4th of July Celebrations
- Old Fashioned 4th of July (Rancho La Patera & Stow House) – Come celebrate Independence Day from 11am – 4pm at a hometown festival featuring live music and entertainment, hayrides, delicious BBQ, games, local artists, classic cars, old engine show and plenty of family-friendly fun.
- Elks Lodge Family Fun Fair (150 North Kellogg) – Head on over from 11am – 5pm and enjoy great food, live music and entertainment for the whole family. There will be Bingo, pull-tabs, a raffle and a kids’ area with activities like face painting, jumpers and pony rides.
- Goleta Fireworks Festival – Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Goleta Noontime and The Rotary Club of Goleta, this annual fireworks festival at Girsh Park is a must on the 4th. From 4pm – 9:30pm enjoy family-friendly activities such as free games, face painting, live music, dancing and a spectacular fireworks finale.
Fun in the Sun
- Music at the Ranch (Stow House) – Summer evenings are made sweeter by the sound of music in the gardens. Pack a picnic and listen to some of the best bands in our area every Tuesday evening from 5:30-7:30pm, July 12 – August 16.
- Dam Dinner – Goleta’s fourth annual Dam Dinner is Saturday, August 20, from 5-7pm at the Lake Los Carneros. Join your friends and neighbors for this fun community event in a beautiful venue. Bring your own dinner or purchase food from the on-site food truck. Dessert is potluck, so save room! There will be live music, and water, beer and wine will be sold. Your registration helps us plan for setting up enough tables and chairs. Please look for more information on our Facebook page or email JShaw@CityofGoleta.org. We hope to see you there!
- Goleta Railroad Days – August 20-21 hop aboard at the South Coast Railroad Museum. A great family outing, the Museum offers free admission 11am-4pm, and for a nominal fee guests will be treated to miniature-train, handcar and speeder rides.