The Santa Barbara Veterans Day Marathon & Half will be winding its way through Goleta once again on November 7. The full marathon course will start at Dos Pueblos High School at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon course will start at 7:00 a.m. at the University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB). With 4,000-plus participants, you’ll see a lot of racers on Goleta roads between 7 and 10 a.m. before they head off into a beautiful finish at Ledbetter Beach.
For everyone’s safety, please follow posted signs, detour routes and obey volunteer and police instructions. Expect road temporary road closures at:
• Cathedral Oaks Road eastbound from Calle Real to Cambridge Drive
• Los Carneros Road southbound from Cathedral Oaks Road to El Colegio Road
• Storke Road northbound from El Colegio to Phelps Road
• Phelps Road westbound from Storke Rd to Pacific Oaks Road
• Pacific Oaks Road northbound from Phelps Road to Hollister Avenue
• Hollister Avenue westbound from Pacific Oaks to Calle Real
For more information, go to sbmarathon.com or call 805-698-4288.