By now, you are enjoying the savings generated by the City’s new solid waste agreement with MarBorg Industries. You should have your new trash, recycling and green waste cans in place.
AS A REMINDER, HERE ARE SOME GUIDELINES ABOUT THE SERVICE:
• Bins should be placed 12 inches apart and away from parked cars or mailboxes.
• Wheels should be against the curb so the lid opens facing the street.
• Containers should be placed on the curb no sooner than 24 hours before they are serviced and should be removed from the curbside within 12 hours after they have been serviced.
• Batteries are now collected as well. To recycle your batteries, tape the ends of each battery with electrical, masking, or duct tape so that the battery poles are not exposed. Put batteries in a zip-top plastic bag. Place the bag on top of (not inside) your recycling container on your recycling collection day.
• Sharps containers are provided at no cost and can be delivered to your home by calling MarBorg at 963-1852. When you request this container, additional information regarding our sharps collection program will be provided.
• Unlimited green waste collection is available at no cost. Need another bin? Call MarBorg at 963-1852.
• Unlimited collection of electronic waste and large household appliances (also known as “white goods”) such as a water heater or dishwasher is also available by calling MarBorg.
• Free bulky item pick up is available twice/year by calling MarBorg.
• Antifreeze, batteries, oil, paint (ABOP) and other household hazardous water (including e-waste) can be dropped off at the MarBorg recycling facility at 20 David Love Place in Goleta. Hours: Mon – Fri, 9 am – 4pm and Sat from 9:15 am – 4 pm.
Watch and Learn
A short video on the automated trash pickup service is available online at www.marborg.com/video.html. Of course, the staff at MarBorg is also available to answer any questions. Call 963-1852 or visit their website at www.marborg.com.