The City of Goleta is pleased to announce the first Old Town Goleta Holiday Parade Window Decorating Contest! The purpose of the contest is to get the parade route in Old Town looking festive for the 2023 Goleta Holiday Parade happening on December 2 at 6:00 p.m. Businesses with store fronts along the parade route from Orange Avenue to Kinman Avenue along Hollister Avenue are encouraged to decorate their storefront windows in classic holiday themes for all to enjoy on parade night and for the holiday season. As an added bonus, a Fuel Depot $100 gas card will be given to the business who has the most festive storefront.
City of Goleta Community Relations Manager Kelly Hoover said, “The Goleta Holiday Parade is a cherished Goleta tradition. Let’s show our support for the Greater Goleta Santa Barbara Lions Club who puts on this event every year by making this the best parade ever with a parade route that is merry and bright. We can’t wait to see Old Town businesses participate in what we hope will become a yearly tradition.”
Here’s how it works:
- If you are on the parade route, decorate your storefront window in time for the Goleta Holiday Parade on December 2nd at 6:00 p.m.
- Keep it family-friendly! Be Creative, festive, and have fun!
- Please remember the City’s Plastic-Free Ordinance and refrain from the use of mylar balloons and decorations made of plastic.
- Decorated windows should be viewable from the sidewalk but must not obstruct the sidewalk and/or pedestrian right of way.
- A panel of judges (TBD) will view the windows at the event and a winner will be announced on Monday, December 4th.
Also, if you do not have a business on the parade route but want to help decorate existing or vacant businesses on the parade route, send an email to PIO@cityofgoleta.org.