Are you interested in becoming a Certified Green Business or in the process of certification? The California Green Business Network (CAGBN), in partnership with the California Environmental Protection Agency, has rebates available to assist businesses with the updates and upgrades that are required to become a Certified Green Business. Up to $500 per business is available on first-come first-served basis, until the available funds are spent. The rebates can be used to cover the cost of expenses such as low-flow water fixtures, recycled paper, reusable utensils and eco-friendly cleaning products.
Following are the rebate requirements:
- Business will be reimbursed for a material expense or service expense. Copies of receipts must be provided.
- Expense must be a cost incurred that leads directly to a measure required for certification being completed. The measure must be on the business’ CAGBN checklist.
- Business must achieve the Participant Level, or higher, to be reimbursed for expense.
- The expense must be verified by a local Green Business Program Coordinator.
- There are a limited number of rebates. They are first-come, first-served. Check with your coordinator to make sure there are funds available before incurring the expense.
Businesses can also make themselves greener with Southern California Edison’s Direct Install program. The program offers long-term savings to qualifying businesses by providing no- or low-cost energy efficient products, including installation. In late May, Southern California Edison will be auditing small businesses who want to make their lighting more energy efficient. If interested, call (909) 942-8496 or email email@example.com. Audits for eligibility will take place in mid-late May, and installations will take place in early summer. Learn more about the SCE Direct Install program here. Read Southern California Edison’s announcement of the program here.