It’s hard to believe but July 4th is only one month away! Here are a few ways to celebrate Independence Day this year:
- Celebrate a hometown Old Fashioned 4th of July from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Rancho La Patera & Stow House (304 N. Los Carneros Road). Enjoy live music and entertainment, hayrides, delicious BBQ, games, local artists, classic cars, an old engine show, and plenty of family-friendly fun.
- Finish the day with the Goleta Fireworks Festival at Girsh Park (7050 Phelps Road) presented by the Rotary Clubs of Goleta. There are activities for all ages, including UCSB’s climbing wall, sack races, face painting, mini Ferris wheel, corn hole, hula hoop contest, live music, and plenty of food choices. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and the spectacular fireworks show begins at 9:00 p.m.
Don’t miss these summertime events as well:
- Grab your blanket and picnic basket for Music at the Ranch Tuesdays this summer (July 9 – August 20) from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Make your summer evenings sweeter by hanging at the Ranch (304 N. Los Carneros Road) with friends and family and listening to great music.
- Concerts at the Gazebo returns this summer to the Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue). Pick-up dinner from a local restaurant, bring a blanket, and get your groove on Wednesdays from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (July 3, 17, 31, Aug. 14, 28)!
- Bring the family to Goleta Depot Days on August 10 and 11 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the South Coast Railroad Museum (300 N. Los Carneros Road)! Go back in time to work a handcar, attend an “unclaimed freight & baggage sale,” and bring the kids for train rides, a bounce house, and arts & crafts.
- We’re excited for the annual Goleta Dam Dinner on Saturday, August 17, from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Lake Los Carneros Dam! Join us for this fun community event in a beautiful setting. Bring your own dinner or purchase it from the on-site food truck, listen to great music, get to know your neighbors, and bring a potluck dessert to share. Stay tuned for more details. Follow us on Facebook (@DamDinner) for the latest information about this fun, family-friendly event.