Celebrate Independence Day with these annual local Fourth of July festivities:
- Old Fashioned 4th of July (304 N. Los Carneros Road) – Take the family to Rancho La Patera & Stow House from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for a hometown Independence Day. There are activities and entertainment for kids of all ages, including live music by local bands, classic cars, hayrides, pony rides, an old engine show and more.
- 4th of July Family Fun Fair (150 N. Kellogg Avenue) – Join the Elks Lodge from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for a day of family fun. There is something for everyone from face painting and jumpers for the kids, to bingo and pull-tabs for the adults.
- Goleta Fireworks Festival (7050 Phelps Road) – Put on by the Rotary Clubs of Goleta, the annual fireworks festival at Girsh Parkis an anticipated event all year long. Popular activities include a rock climbing wall, water balloon toss and hula hoop contest. Other activities include face painting, carnival games and live music. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and the spectacular fireworks show begins at 9:00 p.m.
The fun continues throughout the summer:
- Music at the Ranch (304 N. Los Carneros Road) – Grab your picnic blanket and dancing shoes for everyone’s favorite outdoor summer concert series: Music at the Ranch! Relax with family and friends while enjoying music from local bands, Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. in July and August at Rancho La Patera & Stow House. Visit http://goletahistory.org/music-at-the-ranch/ for the latest schedule.
- Goleta’s Dam Dinner (Lake Los Carneros): Save the date for the annual Goleta Dam Dinner on Saturday, August 18 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. It’s a great time to share your love of Goleta by gathering with your friends, families and neighbors to eat dinner in a beautiful setting. There is also live music and activities for the kids to enjoy. Stay tuned for more information. Please follow us on Facebook @DamDinner to be kept apprised on the latest information about this fun, family-friendly event.