Do I Need a Business License?

Do you or someone you know own a business in Goleta? Anyone doing business within City limits is required to have a business license. This includes fixed businesses, transient businesses (carts, door-to-door sales), home-based businesses and out of town businesses such as contractors and construction companies. The City offers many different types of applications for business owners to select from. Licenses can be applied for annually or quarterly (generally for contractors or consultants working on a project). For more information please visit the City of Goleta Business License Program on our website or contact our Business License Specialist at (805) 961-7530 or