The City has released a draft of its New Zoning Ordinance (NZO) that revises citywide zoning regulations to implement the General Plan, updates development and design standards and permitting procedures, and helps realize the community’s vision for the future – a safe, beautiful, vibrant and livable community with a robust local economy and a sustainable relationship with the environment. Zoning is what helps a city keep its character. It controls where and how development occurs through regulations such as building setbacks, height, and lot size. It helps define how properties are used, what new buildings look like, and how much development can occur in our community. It protects recreational areas and allows for more open spaces in the neighborhood.
Residents are encouraged to review the New Zoning Ordinance at www.goletazoning.com and submit public comment to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. The City is hosting open houses and public workshops for residents to learn more and ask questions. Please see the schedule below. All events will be hosted at Goleta City Council Chambers (130 Cremona Drive, Suite B). Open houses are family-friendly so feel free to bring your children.
City staff will be present during Open Houses to review the New Zoning Ordinance with the public. Spanish interpretation will be provided.
- Monday, February 4, 2019, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Monday, February 4, 2019, 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
- Thursday, February 7, 2019, 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
- Saturday, February 9, 2019, 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Joint City Council / Planning Commission Workshop
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 6:00 pm
- Topics: NZO Organization and Review of Supporting Materials
Planning Commission Workshops
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 6:00 pm
- Topic: Guiding Policies and Regulations
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 6:00 pm
- Topic: Review Authorities and Permit Procedures Part I
- Tuesday, March 12, 6:00 pm
- Topic: Permit Procedures Part II
Additional Planning Commission Workshops will be announced shortly. Visit www.goletazoning.com for more information and to access project documents. For the latest updates on the New Zoning Ordinance, sign up here.