The Goleta Valley Library is extending its volunteer hours from June 5 to June 30! Help us re-label and re-barcode the entire 75,000 item collection before transitioning to an independent library operated by the City of Goleta on July 1. So far over 50,000 items have been completed, but there is still a lot to do! Volunteers are welcome Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 8:50 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Volunteers can choose between placing new barcodes on each item or registering the new barcodes into the library system using the library’s computers and scanners. Training will be provided on your first day. Sign up at the library or contact Library Director Allison Gray at email@example.com or 805-562-5502. Thank you in advance! Volunteers will be working in the Multipurpose Room, so unfortunately it will not be available for library and community programming during the month of June. However, expect an increase in services starting in July.
- Apply for the Library Board of Trustees
- Goleta Valley Library News Corner
- Reading is Groovy at the Goleta Valley Library this Summer
- We Love Our Goleta Valley Library!
- Get Your New Library Card & Volunteer Today
- More Good News for the Goleta Library
- Exciting Times for Goleta Library!
- Read All About It: City of Goleta Plans to Take Over Management of the Goleta Library
- Build a Better World this Summer at Goleta Public Library
- Join the Library Advisory Committee!
- Goleta Branch Library Operations Update
- Use Your Skills To Benefit the Community
- Summer Reading Programs at the Public Library
- Celebrate National Library Week at the Goleta Library
- Games, Crafts and Books, Oh My! Get to Know Your Goleta Library…
- Enjoy Comics from the Library
- Goleta Valley Branch Library Facing Service Cuts in 2017