In January, the City received final confirmation from the State of California to proceed with the purchase of Old Town Park (aka Hollister/Kellogg Park) which means the City can move forward with its development! The City Council unanimously approved the final park design in September. Read the full article here. The construction documents preparations are underway and work is anticipated to begin in late spring 2018, with the park anticipated to be open to the public in early 2019. Due to the anticipated construction timeline, the splash pad proposed for this park will be installed in phase two of construction. Stay tuned for details on this park project as they will unfold quickly in the coming year. For more information, and to keep up to date on this project, please visit www.cityofgoleta.org/projects-programs/parks-open-space/old-town-park.
- Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park Opening Celebration!
- New Play Equipment at Winchester II Park
- Get Ready to Play at Goleta’s Newest Park
- Help us Improve Goleta’s Parks, Facilities & Playgrounds
- Tell Us Your Parks & Recreation Needs
- Name that Park!
- July is Parks & Recreation Month
- Help Shape City of Goleta’s Parks & Recreation
- Hollister / Kellogg Park Design Received Thumbs Up from City Council
- Help Improve Your Neighborhood Park Playground!
- City of Goleta Closes Escrow on Ellwood Beach Drive Parcel
- The Goleta Guide to Park Reservations